News May 16, 2017
Introducing Our 2017 Request For Proposals Jury
Each of our projects begins with a proposal from a nonprofit organization and is developed in partnership with the organization and its constituents.
Every year, we hold an annual Request for Proposals, where we invite proposals from New Orleans-based nonprofit and community-based organizations for pro-bono design and planning services. Each year, a jury – made up of past project partners, former students, leaders in local community-based organizations, design professionals, and Tulane University faculty – selects the projects we will do in the following academic year.
We are excited to announce the members of our jury for 2017:
- Reneé Blanche, Director of Development at Ozanam Inn
- Maxwell Ciardullo, Director of Policy and Communications at Greater New Orleans Fair Housing Action Center
- Maggie Hansen, Director of Small Center
- Carmen James, Vice President for Programs at The Greater New Orleans Foundation
- Dasjon Jordan, Commercial Revitalization Coordinator at Broad Community Connections
- Fred Karnas, Senior Fellow at The Kresge Foundation
- Tiffany Lin, Assistant Professor at Tulane School of Architecture
- Kristin Gisleson Palmer, former New Orleans City Councilmember
- Sharbreon Plummer, Program Associate for Community Engagement at the Joan Mitchell Center
Thanks to a gift from Johnson Controls, Inc., this RFP is offered in its seventh year, focusing on design visioning and design/build projects. Check out some of our past projects here, for different examples of previously selected RFP projects.
Selected projects for the 2017 RFP process will be announced in June 2017.